*Please note that this is a Large Print, Ad-Free, Printable PDF version of a pattern that can be found for free, with ads, on my blog! For the free version, click here. Thanks for supporting YayForYarn!
For buyers in the EU or Australia: The Yay For Yarn pattern shop does not process VAT or GST taxes on digital patterns. If you are located in the EU or in Australia, please purchase this pattern on LoveCrafts. Thank you!
Skill level: Advanced Beginner
You will Need:
- US size 9 (5.5 mm) circular knitting needle, 16” (40.64 cm) long
- US size 10 (6.0 mm) circular knitting needle, 16” (40.64 cm) long
- (Or, if you have short interchangeable circular knitting needles, you can just use the size 9 and size 10 interchangeable needle tips with an appropriately sized cable, so that, when the needles are attached, the total length measures about 16” (40.64 cm) long.)
- Yarn Needle or Blunt Tapestry Needle
- Stitch Marker
- Large Pom Pom Maker (I used one that makes a 3 3/8” (8.45 cm) pom pom.)
- About 65 (70, 77) yards of #4 Worsted Weight yarn in Color A
- About 45-50 extra yards of #4 Worsted Weight yarn in Color A (for Pom Pom)
- About 65 (70, 77) yards of #4 Worsted Weight yarn in Color B
- About 65 (70, 77) yards of #4 Worsted Weight yarn in Color C
(I used Hobby Lobby “I Love This Wool” in Cocoa, Umber, and Ivory.)
This tutorial will teach you to work my Shortcut Brioche stitch in the round. If you can work in the round and work “knit 1, purl 1” ribbing, you can knit this hat! There are no decreases at the crown, or anywhere in the pattern, it’s just ribbing and Shortcut Brioche Stitch.
Size Small (For a Child) – Finished circumference of 17” (43.18 cm) un-stretched, fits head circumference of 18”-19” (45.72 cm – 48.26 cm).
Size Medium (For a Teen or Smaller Adult Head) – Finished circumference of 19” (48.26 cm) un-stretched, fits head circumference of 20”- 21” (50.8 cm – 53.34 cm).
Size Large (For a Larger Adult Head) – Finished circumference of 21” (53.34 cm) un-stretched, fits head circumference of 22” – 23” (55.88 cm – 58.42 cm).
This pattern is intended for your personal use only. You may not share it, copy it, sell it, give it away, or mass-produce the finished product. However, you may sell the finished items on a small scale, as long as you convey in your item description that you used a Yay For Yarn pattern.
Yay For Yarn Copyright© 2019 – Current. All patterns and photos are owned by Yay For Yarn.